Wednesday, June 22, 2005

BLOGGING'S PLEASURE...

Was once asked why I keep a blog...

Yesterday, I received an email from an old friend in UK.

We were prefects together in 1977/78 at Sultan Abdul Hamid College in Alor Star.

I was happy as a cuckoo bird...

Prior to this, I had the honor and pleasure to received numerous emails from folks in US, Australia, Canada, South Africa, Singapore, and of course Malaysia.

I was particularly thrilled to hear from a guy who married a Malay lady, a true life Sepet, as he said.

He offered to take me for some Kajang satay when I return for a holiday... wooh...

Got into chatting because one of my first puppy loves was a charming Malay girl who lived opposite my house.

I used to time the departure from my house to coincide with her walking out of her house, and pretended as if it was a mere coincidence...

The ten minutes or so of walking her to her school was... what could I say, except that I wish it were ten kilometers of walking...

Anyway, puppy love is puppy love... gaaahhh...

The last I heard of her was she was happily married with kids... and living amongst the concrete jungles of Kay El...

The PPS bash tomorrow... actually, I am secretly hoping that I could join the crowd... but no way lah, because of work commitments...

Would be a bonus if they can hold future meets in August to coincide with my balik-kampong days...

Anyway, I wish PPS, success...

15 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Here's another Kedahan from Sungai Petani (formerly Penangite). An "uncle" in Blogosphere cos I've passed my half century already. I do feel like an alien here. So it's nice to notice someone about my same age group in here....


    do visit me at http://lianchye.multiply.com

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for dropping by... just check out your site... looks intresting... will do so again soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/22/2005

    hey lrong dude,
    i like this post of yours. i m giggling at it, while doing my correspondences. i like it because i dont see any relationship with the blog subject and the contents from start to finish, but still u managed to compose and end it well....hhahhaha. try reading it yourself. like what chinese says, ngow tau em thap ma chui..literally, lembu kepala tidak jawab kuda mulut. hv a good day lrong, cheers!! keatix

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember to call up a gathering of the orang Utara bloggers when you are back here you know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. keatix... actually you are quite right leh... head and tail looks connected, but middle portion is a bit senggek lah... what to do, got carried away by all these doggie love stories...

    5xmom... hey, that's a good idea... I understand that you are not able to attend the PPS bash too... so, maybe can form PPS North Chapter Gathering? There's Mr. Quah also... As it is, perhaps can balik kampong on the later part of August, but have to coordinate with the mood of my boss...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still blur about PPS and have no idea to comment on shrines in japan (though will start collaborating my research with my Japanese friends in Osaka U very soon, and looked for an upportunity for a visit Japan again...actually reading your blogs influenced me to work faster;)), I really do enjoy reading, nice, short and light.
    About your puppy love....it is sooooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama22Beas... hey, you are collaborating with Osaka U scholars? Bereee good, like that... means sure got chance to visit Osaka Castle lah... didn't know my blog can influence you to work faster... yeap, puppy love stories... light and sweet... harmless and heart-not-broken...

    ReplyDelete
  8. wah. you got your own sepet romance kah ... btw whats PPS ? some sort of a persatuan ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup...one of the postgrad school there. Was in Osaka in 2001, did a bit of tour in Nara, Kyoto and Tokyo, but not the castle leh...love Japan but thought it was too expensive. Spent all my 'duit hantaran kahwin' there in 5 days, though part of it was sponsored. So can't afford another trip, unless work with them and get them to sponsor again;). Your blog is like pulling me, waving to me to go again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patrick... yah, wouldn't have complained if I had been 'sepet-ized' myself... PPS as in Project Petaling Street, yes, you can say also, one sort of persatuan...

    Mama22Beas... think you stand a pretty good chance to be sponsored... the Japanese scholars are fond of 'international collaborations' which make their CVs look good... furthermore, the Japanese Education Ministry is encouraging such tie-ups... meanwhile, I will continue my waving at you...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think everyone of us has one or a few Puppy Love as we were teens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can we look forward to some episodes in your future blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to time the departure from my house to coincide with her walking out of her house, and pretended as if it was a mere coincidence... (Muahahhaha... lrong was a "tricky" boy before?)

    Btw, I think the PPS will be a great success. Geee... tomorrow lots of blog will flood with this topic, I believe. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Naughty a bit-bit only lah... there is another 'trick' which I may blog if I don't forget...

    ReplyDelete