Thursday, June 16, 2005

EXTENDING YOUR LIFELINE

Spent the later half of last night slapping my ears, cheeks, and legs trying to squash that irritating helicopter-mosquito...

Woke up feeling groggy and horrors of horrors... slipped into a verbal wrestling match with my sweetheart over who invited that helicopter inside...

**Couples... they argue over the tiniest and most inconsequential of things**

Wasted 30 minutes of precious morning time...

Cursed and kicked myself silly for that...

But, made up immediately... ***kiss kiss, hug hug, ooh ooh***

Score: piptee-piptee...

While we are on the medical check up mood, have any of you folks tried to look at your palms and the so-called lifeline?

Mine is actually rather short... and disjointed at places...

Years ago, while struggling with my PhD thesis at Nagoya University, I seriously thought my time was up...

After all, my lifeline said it, and I felt like 'knocking out' then...

But luckheee me... I am still dribbling the ball today...

There was this story... perhaps some of you might have heard it before...

A young man (or a young woman, if you prefer) with a rather short lifeline was very worried that he would die soon.

Like you and me, he wanted to live long, of course...

And he thought of a 'smart' way to do so...

He took a knife and carved over his lifeline, lengthening it towards the wrist area...

He died soon after...

Reason?

The contaminated knife...

Moral of the story... can't fight against fate... (?)

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm.. I dunno whether to laugh or pity the guy.
    Gee. Do I look at the lifeline on my right or left hand? Coz they both differ. Left is quite short but right is pretty long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenneth... dunno also lah... but heard before that man look at left palm and woman at right palm, or was it the other way round?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I used to be very passionate about stuffs like these. Palmistry, numerology, fengshui, horoscope and all that. Mine is ok but it is a rough one with islands and broken lines etc. But funny thing is now that I am older, all the lines become so clear and prominent. (blur lines =bad, clear line = no worries life). And then hor, I also can calculate my phat chee. Wah, very chun wan. It says my life is up and up after 40 yrs. Woo hoo, am I glad to be 40. So, I am waiting to hit the jackpot, any minute now.

    But errr...now, my Catholic faith doesn't allow all these. Even Buddhism also, 'cos it is messing with our fate, sort of like, questioning our 'Big Boss' decision.

    Oh ya, ever check the lines at the side of the palm to see how many girlfriends/boyfriends? hahaha, I talk over limit liao.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you can give us some tips on palmistry ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea it is all fated. i have long life line. but i am always sick. sometimes i do wonder if i have long life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some say I got long ears knob, and will have a long life... but hahaha.. will see, as my illness means my next medical checkup could be the start of a count of my mortality...a counter to the finish line...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My lifeline looks long but I wonder if I will live long.hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5xmom... my lines are smooth, clear, albeit disjointed at places… little worries, I think… only 40 ah, still very young what… as for girlfriends, right side says two, but left side says one… total = three?

    mmulibra... me is hopeless on palmistry… only think I can ‘see’ clearly on my right palm is the capital letter M… I hope it stands for more 'Money’ but probably not becos I am poor in business…

    Patrick... I believe in fate too, to a large extent… man can only make minute changes to the ‘big plan’ but then again, look what man is doing to the environment and the earth…

    soohk... in Yappun, long ear knobs means you are loaded… I tried to pull them but…

    thquah... let’s aim for 100 years lor… if can score 80 or 85 ah, distinction also…

    GeauxPottery... same as the bomoh con jobs… money kena conned is one thing… sometimes the ‘body’ also kena used by the bomoh… yeap, simple life is best…

    ReplyDelete