Monday, October 24, 2005

HOWLING WINDS, DIPPING TEMPERATURES, & SHOOTING STARS

Last Saturday, the winds howled as the temperatures dipped...
Cold it was...
For the first time this season, I put on my long johns...

Brrrrrrr...

Still, managed to handle quite a few tasks over the weekend...

Tasks, such as...

1. Oiling the hinges of all doors (no big deal...)
2. Attaching the 'Cockerel Bell' at the gate (nice...)
3. Replacing the brakes for my mountain bike (first experience...)

4. Digging out and replanting twenty shrubs (pooh, tough...)
5. Pruning about a dozen trees (the cut leaves smelled pleasant...)
6. Shopping for a clay cooker for steamboat-ing in the garden (I am ready to eat now...)

7. Making a second, tough broom from the bamboo sticks (100% handmade...)
8. Planting a pot of hibiscus and a bunch of gazanias at the slopes (no sweat...)
9. Planting some cabbage and broccoli seedlings (a breeze...)

10. Setting up a place to make compost from dried leaves (earthworms, where are you?)
11. Digging a pond (long way from completion...) *see picture here*

I surprised myself doing the bike brakes for the first time...
And, quite thrilled to see the 'Cockerel Bell' being nicely fixed at the gate pillar...

But most of all, I feel particularly pleased with what I am doing with the pond...
Come next year, there will be cruising comet goldfishes...
Quaint water lilies and pink lotus flowers blooming...

I can't wait...

Was working even after nightfall on Sunday...
*The sun sets before 6:00 pm these days*

Tired, I laid my body on a large rock...
Facing upwards, gazing at the beautiful sky...

Suddenly...

A shooting star flashed by...
Brightly...

I let out a shriek...

My wife instantly opened the window and hollered...

'What???'

I immediately wished for the two of us...

Everlasting love...
Good health...
And a long life...

No comments:

Post a Comment