Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I REFUSED TO BE SLAUGHTERED

While in Kedah, paid homage to our favorite Nasi Lemak Haji Ali, Mee Abu, and ikan bakar at Tanjung Dawai...

At KL, met up with several of my friends to 'tokok', joke, and what else but to stuff ourselves silly with more gorgeous goodies...

Steam fish, 'artificial' shark fin soup (my favorite), tosai with bawang and telur, beggars' chicken, beggars' duck, beggars' pig leg (horrendous!), longevity soup (two large bowls), lobsters on noodles, nyonya food, papayas, mangoes, young coconuts and more...

But missing sorely in the list was the durian...

A friend had it some days ago and drove around searching for it...

But lady luck was nowhere to be found...

Had stayed three nights at Morib, two nights at a new friend's SS 17 condo, and two more nights at Crown Plaza hotel (the 'old' Hilton)...

On our final night at KL, my missus and I wanted a simple dinner before heading to KLIA...

So we walked to the Bukit Bintang Plaza area...

As we gnawed on the so-so food, the rains fell and the heavens thundered...

Just then, I gasped as I saw a brightly lit stall with durians dangling... just a few meters from our table...

Part 2 here...

No comments:

Post a Comment