Sunday, January 22, 2006

ROSES ARE RED AND SAKURAS ARE PINK

This huha over the Moorthy case...

And now, Nyonya Tahir's case...

Exactly what are we Malaysians grinding our heads over with these issues?

Once a Malay writer lamented about the siege mentality of the Malays...

He asked...

How could we, being the majority of the population, be so defensive and so afraid of our situation?

I remain drawn to the comment by Moorthy's wife...

When the deputy prime minister (?) presented her with Moorthy's pension money and after-death promotion to sergeant (?)...

She said to the effect that, these 'gifts' did not interest her...

All she wanted back was her husband... even dead...

A lawyer friend asked me...

Assume you are an atheist and you take out an Islamic loan from a bank... any bank...

Then soon after, you defaulted...

And the bank pressed charges...

Question...

Which court would they bring you to?

No prizes for correct answers... I say...

And may I repeat after another writer that we cannot oscillate between two systems depending on our whims...

Back to Nyonya Tahir's case... Ayah Pin's case... etc...

My question is...

Is it possible that all roses are red?

All sakuras, pink?

(mmulibra, if you haven't seen it yet, go to Nagoya University and walk up towards Toyota Auditorium... you will see a sakura tree on your right and it isn't pink in color...)

And all Indians are Hindus while all Chinese, pork-eating, gambling Taoists?

Allow me to pull this further... that all Malays are Muslims and none other?

Is it natural?

As I have always maintained, religion is a personal choice...

When I kick the bucket, I want to be cremated after any useful organs have been extracted...

And my ashes sprinkled in the Japan Inland Sea right in front of my house, and perhaps around a favorite dive location that I have yet to decide on...

No comments:

Post a Comment