Sunday, February 05, 2006

FISHING...

Received an inquiry from Applegal about the identity of a fish she photographed...

Her fishing trip reminds me of a similar one I had at Swan River, Perth...

Was with my good buddy, and his 'gang'...

There were probably about fifteen of us...

Deep in the chilly night, we were about to give up when I felt a pull...

And what a pull it turned out to be...

Strangely, I was the only person with a catch that night...

Which in turn reminds me of yet another fishing trip, this time at Tasik Kenyir...

Nice place... extremely quiet... floating but rickety accommodation... and pretty decent food...

On a hike to a waterfall, saw some elephant dung... eagles and hornbills flying... otters frolicking at the riverside...

But due to illegal net fishing and the inherent poor law enforcement (as usual), sport fishing which is promoted as an attraction, has apparently lost its 'bite'...

One family gave up midway, and checked out a few days early... clearly disappointed...

We were four... and strangely again I was the only 'sanabab' with a catch... a 4-kilo toman...

A bit shy to announce lah... ahem... as I was probably just a little luckier than my pals...

No comments:

Post a Comment