Friday, August 18, 2006

KEDAH TO BE 'MAJU' BY 2010?

Man, my eyeballs almost popped out of their sockets when I read this...

(See No plan to extend Kedah Maju deadline)

My kampong is near Tokai, not far from Gunung Jerai (Kedah Peak)...

Each year on my return to the kampong for vacation, I see the same scenes...

The longkangs are perennially stuck... the public telephone booths savaged...

The Malay kampongs in the vicinity remain in the same decrepit state...

Even in Alor Star the so-called 'city', every where I look, I see no signs that can give me the slightest hint of a soon-to-be 'developed' state...

I am not complaining about Kedah, though...

I love this place, as it is... and forever I shall remain 'anak Kedah'...

Just that, these people are lying through their teeth about their ability to develop Kedah in four years...

What a load of BS... to say the least...

No comments:

Post a Comment