Monday, August 14, 2006

WEEKEND IN EARLY AUGUST

The Ko-aka goldfish are getting bigger...

They were about 4 to 5 centimeters when I bought them, now they are about 10 centimeters...

Initially, there were three of them but I now see only two...

Apparently a snake had eaten one of them...

Added two Comet and two Shubunkin goldfishes into pond last weekend...

To see the six goldfishes swimming and darting in the pond, in unison...

Ahh, blissful...

I have never bought any fish food from the store for them...

There are on their own to find food in the pond...

The Ko-akas were privileged to chew on tadpoles...

A few days ago, a thought hit me...

Why not try to feed them with the pests from the garden...

To my pleasant surprise, the goldfishes ate them with gusto...

Over the weekend, I fed them with numerous types of worms, flies, maggots, etc...

Hmmm... now I go looking for those pest eagerly...

As they say, 'killing two birds with one stone' eh...

Meanwhile, took a break from weekend gardening to go swimming for the first time this season at the beach near my house...

Water temperature was about 20 degrees Celsius...

What to do, but this is the Japan Inland Sea...

It was a little cold but very nice...

No comments:

Post a Comment