Wednesday, December 20, 2006

GO FOR WHAT YOU ENJOY, THE REWARDS WILL FOLLOW

Ok folks; let us take a break from whining...

Well, many of us have heard of the above phrase in one form or another...

Yeap... do what you love and the honor, reward, money, etcetera will fall into place...

I am finding out that it is true...

I love what I am doing now, but this is not to say that I have had my plans all laid out well ahead in time...

A reader, shaffiq ahmad, said, 'i must say that u're having a very interesting career'...

I responded that 'it just happened... I see myself as a coconut floating on the ocean, and wherever the waves bring me, I sail along and try to have a good time'.

So, this post is a little about rewards that follow from doing what I love to do...

Last week, the local Lions Club which I had been collaborating with regards to 'international' events, invited me for dinner at a wonderful Korean restaurant...

Hmmm, the thought of the delicious kimchi and the spicy soups is making my mouth water...

Anyway, the function was to congratulate me for my promotion...

And woaaah... they are recommending me to be an honorary member of their club...

They acknowledge that I have the expertise they need for their club...

My name will be registered in the official Lions Club registrar...

Poooh...

And two days ago, the President of my university called me up personally to request me to interpret for the Ambassador of a certain nation who shall be making a little keynote speech here in January...

Although I am not sure if I can do a good job at this, I see it as an honor...

However when I conveyed this news to my missus, she didn't seem happy...

Reason is, she says, the President does not know how lousy my Japanese is...

And I am afraid she might just be right on... especially if the interpretation is from English to Japanese...

Got up at past 2 am that night to pee...

And my mind somehow wandered to what transpired a few hours ago...

I laid open-eyed for the rest of the night, thinking about what to do...

Next morning, weary eyed from lack of sleep, I found the answer...

I am going to scream for help with this interpretation thingy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment