Friday, January 05, 2007

RELAXING AT KK

Am now at KK… not Kuala Kedah but rather Kota Kinabalu…

Due to fly back to Japan via KLIA tonight…

Am on a stopover after spending a few days at RRR aka Roach Reefs Resort…

The dives at RRR were, I would say, pretty interesting…

Took quite a lot of macro pictures of the nudibranches, ghost pipefish, mimic octopus, leaf fish…

And also, parrot fishes, coral trouts, sweetlips, buffalo fish, and the ‘regular’ octopus…

Plus, the barracudas, jacks, catfish, and loads of ikan bilis…

Plan to upload these pictures one at a time to my photo blog (which had been quite neglected for a while now)…

At KK, dined last night at a seafood restaurant at the waterfront…

My eyes popped out when we saw a half meter Napoleon fish in a tank at the restaurant entrance, waiting to be slaughtered…

The Napoleon is a protected fish and I wonder what the authorities are doing to enforce the ruling…

I recall our visit to a pet shop at the Curve Shopping Center at the end of December last year…

At the entrance of a pet shop, a plate stood, proudly announcing that it is the largest pet shop in Malaysia according to the Malaysian Book of Records…

My heart sank upon seeing the mandarin fish, banner fish, seahorses, and surgeon fish among others in the tanks, looking really pathetic…

For what is the anemone fish without the anemone…

What is the shy mandarin fish without the finger corals to hide in…

I shook my head when I saw tube worms that are practically ripped out of their environments, swaying lifelessly in the tanks…

For how long can these creatures survive in a man-made miniature tank…

Anyway, am bracing myself for the cold weather in Japan…

I shall be putting on about five layers of shirts upon reaching Osaka…

Meanwhile, I have no doubt in my mind that we are on a one way path to self destruction…

Man is simply destroying what we have and we seem unable to put a stop to all these acts…

No comments:

Post a Comment