Thursday, February 08, 2007

BE, EAT, SLEEP, GARDEN, SHOOT, SCUBA

Ooooh... been tagged by UNKALEONG...

He asked... what are the five things that I enjoy doing while I am not out there enjoying cycling and fishing?

Hmmm...

1. Just being with my missus, spending time and 'tokking cock' with her. Without her, I am just another goondoo in town, aimless and hopeless. When I got married twenty years ago, a good pal advised me: 'Lrong, listen to your wife!' That sucker of guy is still single and he will be touching fifty in a while, but I must admit he gave excellent advice. Men, like yours truly, can be real goondoos sometimes, so listen to your wives, guys...

2. Eating. Yes, I love to eat, as opposed to drinking (alcohol, that is). And eat means, eating in, and eating wife's home cooked food. Not to say that she is the best cook in the world although I would like to believe so... it is the warm, comfy 'at-home' atmosphere... just the two of us, toasting on Japanese sake or red wine and chewing on peanuts before the main meal... lovely...

3. Sleeping. Yes, I love to snore in my warm futon. I normally hit the futon at around 10:00 and snooze off while listening to the news on radio... oooh, heavenly... normally get up at between 05:00 to 05:30...

4. Gardening. I can never get enough of this. It feels so marvelous and rewarding to see plants grow, and that you are the grower. What more, you get to eat them. I am into vegetables and fruit trees while my missus is into herbs... of course, failures overwhelm successes... but it is the joy of touching the soil that counts...

5. Photographing. Especially the head and shoulder portraits. Been fooling around with photographing for over two decades. Have tried the guitar. No cigar. Played the Japanese flute. Pooh, gave up after 8 years. Tried singing. Awww, the toads fled. But photographing, I just love it...

6. Bonus point... scuba diving of course... this is one activity that I enjoy tremendously with my buddy a.k.a. missus... just dived the Roach Reefs off Tawau... see here for some pics... am now contemplating on the next dive destination...

No comments:

Post a Comment