Monday, May 28, 2007

BREEZY HAWAII

Am now in Hawaii… what a lovely place it is… breezy, cool, no rain, and oh so touristy…

Had been here for a couple of days already and shall be leaving for home tomorrow morning…

Conference was so-so… not that good, not that bad… only thing is that, too many presenters fail to turn up during the sessions, which is rather disappointing for people expecting coming to hear them… but then this is Hawaii… people do not come here to ‘work’…

Another downside of the conference is that there is not much opportunity to network with other attendees… more mealtimes and social events should be incorporated into the program so as to offer the chance for delegates to mingle with one another…

Oh well… I am enjoying myself anyway, attending whatever sessions that are available and getting to know whoever is in the room…

I have one more afternoon left and perhaps I shall take a ride to the Ala Moana Shopping Center, just for old times sake…

While working for Singapore Airlines decades ago, the crew used to night stop at a hotel around the Ala Moana Shopping Center, so it may bring tears to my eyes to revive those memories… heheheheee…

A former colleague of mine suggested that I go and eat the ox-tail soup at the shopping center… let’s see if it is still around and if it is, I still have to find it… and being rather hopeless with directions, hmmm… the prospects are dim…

Oh yes, went skoooba-ing the afternoon after my presentation… the dive sites, Turtles and Koko Crater, were just off Hawaii Kai bay…

Didn’t expect to see much and was advised by my missus not to bring the underwater camera…

But to my surprise, at Turtles, the guide found a huge frogfish of about 40 centimeters, greenish yellow in color… man, wished I had my camera with me!

At Koko Crater, someone had put a Buddha statue on the sea floor… we saw a turtle, and the guide pulled out a poor baby octopus, manhandled it, and had the octopus placed on the mask of the novice divers and had their pictures taken…

So much on official lessons about leaving the animals alone…

No comments:

Post a Comment