Saturday, May 05, 2007

ORANG UTAN CRAB, TUBE CORAL, BLADEFISH, BLUE-FACED ANGEL


Saw this creature for the first time at Roach Reefs...
Here the crab does look a bit like an orang utan, looking to its right and flexing its arm muscles...
It is resting on a colony of bubble corals...
Size is about one centimeter...


This tube coral looks very bland that it is easy to miss...
Unless it is out feasting, as above...
Its frills, or tentacles (?) are like a work of art so exquisite that I could just gaze and gaze at it without feeling bored...


The blade fish was a diffcult subject to take...
These two guys were always in the same vicinity, that is, just nearby the jetty...
All they seem to do was to just sway with the tide...
With camera in hand, I did the same, swinging along with waves...
After a while, I got a little seasick... and still, no satisfactory photos of these guys...


The Blue-faced angel fish is one of the most colorful creatures...
I was lucky to come across this guy who was rather obliging...
You can imagine how happy I was because until this point of time, I have only managed to take pictures of fish tails...
The little fishes around the angel are anthias...


A accidental closer shot of the same guy...
Perhaps it was curious to find out what I was doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment