Sunday, June 24, 2007

Ah, rainy days I like...

Supposed to be the rainy season now in Japan but it has not been raining as expected...

But today, the wonderful rain... it makes me feel so good...



Was driving to the office (yes, on a Sunday) when I noticed the rain-soaked padi fields...

They captivated me enough to make me screech to a complete stop...

With the clouds smouldering over the low hills in the background... ooh... nice...



The Japanese folks associate the rains with the 'ajisai' flower (Hydrangea?)...

We have a few species in our garden... the blue one above is one of my favorites...



A close-up of the pinkish 'ajisai'... apparently the real flowers are those little-little stuff in the center rather than those that look more like flowers at the sides...



Another close-up of a different specie... hmmm... lovely, don't you think?



And of course, the plums... the Japanese do not call the rainy season 'baiyu' (literally plum rains) for no reason...

We have three plum trees in our garden, one red-flowered, one white, and one that has yet to produce any flowers...

You bet that I shall be looking forward to imbibing plum wine from these...

No comments:

Post a Comment