Friday, March 28, 2008

Passport application in Tokyo

Am now in Shinjuku, Tokyo, attending a conference at Waseda University...
Shall be heading off to Sophia University later on for a little meeting with research colleagues...

Took time off to apply for a new passport at the Malaysian Embassy in Shibuya...
For the first time in my 20-year residence in Japan, I rode the city bus for the first time in Tokyo, traveling from East Shinjuku to Shibuya...
The sakura is almost in full bloom...
Gazing out from the bus window, I thought to myself... mega-city as she is; Tokyo does look quite pretty with all these petals around...

Took me a little over an hour to have the passport application accepted...
The ‘old’ style passport shall be ready for pickup in four days time...
The ‘new’ type with the electronic chip takes about three months to be ready...
Reason is, the electronic passports are processed in Malaysia, hence, the time needed...
Anyway, ‘old’ or ‘new’, no problems for me as long as I can hit the road with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment