Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Stranded in Thailand?

Oh oh, am now in Chiang Mai and due to fly back to Kansai tomorrow night via Suvarnabhumi Airport.
Don’t think I can make it as the PAD protesters are still occupying the airport at this time.

My clothes are already stinking and I need to fly home.
Been here since 18th November and work is piling up back home.

Am not so well informed on Thai politics but apparently this PAD, the so-called People’s Alliance for Democracy is taking the law too much into their hands.
Serves no good to everyone, not even to themselves, I think.

Was in Chiang Mai for the first three days and flew to Bangkok to spend three nights, after which I flew back to Chiang Mai once again.
The taxi man who took me to Suvarnabhumi from my hotel in Bangkok commented that the protesters are crazy.

'No work to do, and they get paid 500 or 1000 baht each to go protest'.
And today, my counterpart at Chiang Mai University said that there is a new meaning to PAD: People Against Democracy.

Personally, I think they are doing Thailand and thousands of the flying public a big disservice.

I hope a solution is coming up soon.
Otherwise, ooh...

No comments:

Post a Comment