Tuesday, January 05, 2010

New year, new broom...


Happy new year to whoever passes this way...
2010, and I should be hitting 52 come July... yooohooo...
As some of my friends may suspect, this is a 'new' blog in more ways than one.
Along with probably loads of bloggers, I think we were played out by Haloscan who held us ransom: upgrade or else...
To tell the truth, I was not blogging as often as I should for the past few months.

The last post was in September 2009 (see my 'old' blog for more).
To tell more truth, I am utterly hopeless with html stuff... so, there is no way that I can possibly remove haloscans from my old blog.
Tried I did, but ooh, no way...
So, the least painful way is to start a 'new' blog, using a new url but the same blog header 'Kedahan-Malaysian in Japan'...
Yes, the new year... I look forward to enjoying my garden for sure...
and spending quiet days and nights with my wife...
And, more active blogging... heeheee...
Hmm... this new blog.... 'KMiJ Version 2' it shall be?

Ah... the pics... we actually spent the end of last year in Malaysia, doing things official or otherwise. We returned to a rather barren, cold, and not very lively garden. But in the midst of it all, there were jewels to be found.
The red raspberries is always a lovely addition to the yoghurt. Ummm... nice... And what joy it was to dig into the soil for those handsome morsels of a potato! As you can see, the roots are still intact... I still have one more bed-full of potatoes to sink my claws into this coming weekend. I harvested about 6 kilos and I expected to have a similar volume in a few days time... wooh...

2 comments:

  1. Belated Happy New Year (well Lunar one coming up). Those raspberries look delicious. We've got four little blueberry bushes and have been very pleasantly surprised at how much they produce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Panda-chan... yesterday was the lunar year... used to celebrate while in Malaysia but yesterday was spent fixing the clothes line for my missus and then, some weeding in the veg. garden... I just transplanted 3 blueberry plants... hope to be equally surprised (next year?) as you were with the fruits...

    ReplyDelete