Friday, August 13, 2010

Mentality in Malaysia going down the pits

There are a lot of folks in Malaysia that I respect.
Especially those folks who are fighting in the field...
fighting for the betterment of Malaysia...
Tony Pua, Karpal, Gobind, Dr. Dzulkefly, Anwar, Guan Eng, Raja Petra, Zaid Ibrahim, Khalid Samad, among others...
Compare them to people like me who choose to move overseas, away from it all...
To these Malaysian heroes, I reserve my utmost respect...
When I read about the death threat (accompanied with a live M16 bullet, no less) sent to Tony Pua, I couldn't help but to shake my head in utter disbelief...
What more, many months ago, I chanced upon a page of Tony's... among the contents being a photograph of him, his wife, and his child (if my memory is intact)...
I coiled, feeling mildly shocked that a high profile politician like Tony would (willingly or inadvertently?) reveal his family photo in public space...
Without a second thought, I immediately sent an email urging him to take down the picture as there are many mad people around and we wouldn't know what crazy thing they would do to us...
I received no response... I didn't check the page again but I had hoped that he would take the picture down...
There are several write-ups on this death threat...
One is by Saw Teik Lim, penning under the name 'romerz'...
Another opinion is by Thomas Lee Seng Hock, who says 'I trust our police will act without fear or favour to bring the culprit to book, even if he happens to be a powerful politician or works for one.'
I let out a heavy sigh... the Malaysian police?
Brother, I would painfully like to trust so, very very much indeed... but in things Malaysia, events will probably go the way as envisaged by Din Merican at Attorney-General, IGP & MACC Chief: Stop The Fabrications and Lies

2 comments:

  1. vincent ong8/15/2010

    Sir,
    After 53years of nation building.This country should be a great nation by now,still we are heading from bad to worst.How many years do we have to undo the damage??
    Even if new Goverment takes over.
    How many years do we have in our life? I am choosing to migrate too,although is not easy but for the better of the next generation.I am doing what my grandfather had done.
    This country is "bo euk kiu liaw"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... even if a new government takes over... well, it would probably not fare any worse than the current one... I believe with a change in government, things will improve because the people will watching and demanding for it... good luck with your choice to migrate... it takes quite a bit of energy and luck... push on and you will succeed...

    ReplyDelete