Sunday, January 16, 2011

A gift of firewood from neighbor


Today was very very windy and icy cold...
Gold fish pond was covered with about 2 centimeters of ice...
Poor goldfishes... tried to break the ice but it formed again...
Despite the weather, pruned the 'kaizuka' (Juniperus chinensis)...
And just then, a neighbor came with this truck load of logs...
You want some? he asked...
How kind! as I happily accepted his offer...
Now, I cannot wait for the shop to install the wood stove for us...  
Lunch today was one of favorite noodles, 'somen' (thin, wheat noodles)...
As usual, my missus put in a lot of veggies such as spinach, soybean sprouts, onions, carrots, mushrooms, a little meat, tofu, and plenty of kimchi... ummm... 

5 comments:

  1. I love noodles with plenty of vegetables especially bean sprouts and tofu. Yours must be extra ummphh with kimchi added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your neighbours are really really good and friendly ones, dont mind staying there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p3... I thank my stars for being able to enjoy noodles the way I love it (just like you) and cooked by my partner... also the neighbors, yes, so very friendly and absolutely a joy to live with...

    ReplyDelete
  4. firewood! its so HOT in Kedah right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kc... I can imagine the heat... I am enjoying the 'cool' or rather 'cold'weather here...

    ReplyDelete