Saturday, June 30, 2012

Wood stove cleaning...

These are not very exciting pictures, so to say...
But just for the sake of recording the happenings with the wood stove...
  
Yes, we called in the professionals to do a cleanup some days ago...
We have been using the wood stove for just about a season and a half... and this is how the insides of the chimney looks...
Wrapping one end of the chimney with a plastic bag, the insides are cleaned with a steel brush...
It cost quite a bundle to hire these professionals... 
As they were doing the cleaning, I made sure to took note as I intend to do the cleaning myself next season...

14 comments:

  1. You're such a hands-on person, so there's no problem there:)Next time round, I'm sure you'll be happy you did! I wonder how long did the clean-up take?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clean-up took about an hour and twenty minutes... I am actually looking forward to the cleaning next season...

      Delete
    2. Have fun next season. ;p

      Delete
  2. We have a chimney sweep clean our fireplace and chimney every year. After a heating season our chimney looks pretty much as your stovepipe looks. I used to clean our chimney when I was younger, but I'm happy to let professional do it these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon, I may have to follow your footsteps and have the professionals do it...

      Delete
  3. Wise of you to observe the cleaning. A lesson worth the while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ¸❤✿•.¸
    ♥ Bom fim de semana!
    ♡ Beijinhos.
    Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  5. He polishes the glass window each morning after our winter fires. The chimney he cleaned once, not much soot so that's OK. But we are locked in a cold snap. the national road between Beaufort West and Jo'burg is closed. Due to snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A handy man you have in your house... :)
      Enjoy your winter...

      Delete
  6. Great idea to record what they were doing, and now you only have to purchase the tool to do it yourself! Quite interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shop actually loans out the cleaning tools... I intend to borrow from them next season...

      Delete
  7. Will visit you once I'm balik Japan later ne... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by my blog... shall take a look at yours later on...

      Delete