Sunday, October 28, 2012

Garden lunch party with neighbors...

Did a check on the history of this blog and found out that today is actually the 8th anniversary of my blog...

Hosted a garden lunch party for fifteen of our neighbors last Saturday...
That was the fourth straight year that we had been hosting this event...
Hamburgers are not really in my normal 'to-eat' list of stuff...
But this one was pretty good, I must admit...
One of our neighbors made it for the party and hmmm, my missus was surprised upon seeing my munching on that plate...
Bologna sausage, and smoked salmon... specially ordered from Kobe by another neighbor...
Good stuff...
We were very happy to welcome the presence of the parents of one of our neighbors...
They stay in another city and came all the way to join us...
Last year, only the mother came, but this year, the father came along too...
And the maze-gohan onigiri (mixed rice ball?) made by the mother... wooh, full of ingredients and goodies...
Meanwhile, the daughter herself, who is our neighbor, made this walnut-banana cake...
Urmmm, very good texture and taste...
Yet another neighbor, for the last three years or so, presented us with this made-from-scratch soba noodles...
It was just 'straight' soba... unpretentious, and to the point... very wholesome stuff...
With all these good stuff to enjoy, am sure looking forward to hosting our neighbors again next autumn...

20 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the eight years of your blog. Your annual party for your neighbors sounds as if it was a great deal of fun -- and very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George... thank you... yes, the annual garden party is a real joy for my wife and I... for one, we get to eat all the goodies...

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your blog's eighth anniversary!
    So wonderful to have a get together with your neighbours! All the food looks delicious! Great food and great company, seems perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KF... thank you for your wishes... great food, excellent company, plus beautiful weather during the day of the party...

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10/29/2012

    Yummy. Soba is my favorite. It's best noodle in Japan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coco... soba is a rarity here in Sanuki udon country... more so when it is home-made by a good friend...

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10/31/2012

    Made us readers "saliva" !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10/31/2012

    Those look so good, and now I am hungry :-) Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I over-ate that day, for obvious reasons...

      Delete
  6. Oh you have been blogging for so long now, that's great. And since you are a good blogger, you are also a good neighbor! And probably a good cook too. I guess i would love to partake of your catch from scuba diving, i love fresh marine fishes, broiled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha,thank you for your compliments, Andrea... I try to keep up with blogging... I think it is better to be a 'good' neighbor rather than a 'not-so-good' one... but I am not really the cook at home... my missus is, and I am the 'farmer'...


      Delete
  7. Wow 8 years congrats! blog-on. Pleasant garden party with the yummy food and the nice & friendly neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap, eight years now... and still going on... :=)

      Delete
  8. I'm drooling over the onigiri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lina... I can say that this was one of the most delicious onigiri I have ever tasted... I am going to request this dish again next year...

      Delete
    2. Can I have the recipe please.. if you have the chance to ask the chef? :)

      Delete

  9. ¸.•°✿⊱╮
    °✿ Olá, amiga!

    Passei para uma visitinha.
    O que mais gostei foi do macarrão... a foto é magnífica... tão delicioso!!!!!!
    Ótimo mês de novembro!

    Bom fim de semana!
    Beijinhos do Brasil.°✿
    ♫•*¨*•.¸¸✿✿¸¸.•*¨*•♫

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. It was... and will be for some years to come...

      Delete
  11. I like the Banana Walnut cake since I am a cake lover and I can see that the cake was full of walnuts !

    ReplyDelete